In a lot of ways Kali is still very much a puppy. She has an enthusiasm she's slowly learning to contain (or at least restrain temporarily) - when there's the promise of something good, she pounces and twirls and flips on her back. After some encouragement, she's added sitting to her repertoire, but sometimes she needs to pirouette before settling back in.
Her current training task is improving her self-control - she sits at a slight distance when I bring her food into the room, then goes into her crate when I tell her to, then looks at me and waits for my "ok!" before diving into her meal. She's got a ways to go - she still can't help twirling a few times while I'm carrying her food bowl into the room (although she no longer charges or jumps up on me) and sometimes she prematurely runs into her crate - but she is working really hard to figure out what I expect of her and at this point doesn't try to start her meal early.
No comments:
Post a Comment