Kali has become a pro at distinguishing "ok" from other words.
At this point, her meal routine is that she sits (well, she does still spin a few times) at a bit of a distance from the baby gate. Once I enter the room and make sure she's paying attention and calm, I tell her to "load up", at which point she leaps into her crate and sits facing me, eagerly anticipating her food. I place the bowl in front of her and she looks away from it, then back at me.
At that point, I say a word - anything except "ok" - and she determinedly looks away (up and to the right) while quickly licking her lips. Then she looks back at me, I say another word, same routine. Only once I say "ok" does she dive into the food bowl.
It's cute - she concentrates soooo hard and seems to be avoiding the temptation of even looking at the food until she's allowed to have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment